So you have just invested in your key swim wear essentials for the summer, you ideally want them to stay as vibrant and as perfectly fitted as the day you bought them. In fact you would be pretty chuffed it it would do another summer so that you can keep adding to your collection and have a a different swim item everyday (my ideal dream!). It is important to remember that swim garments will naturally fade with use considering the conditions that we put them under like extreme sunlight and chlorine however here is some advice to keep your swim wear in tip top condition:
The first thing to note is that Freya Swim Wear is made mainly of Lycra in it to give you that great fit, and enable brilliantly vibrant and beautiful designed prints. Some items are made with ‘Extra life Lycra’ in it meaning it is more resistant to chlorine which is worth checking out if you know you do a lot of swimming.
Lycra is not a chlorine fan and does have to be treated with tender loving care. If done so it can withstand a good duration of time.
Inside each of your garments you will have a care label which will give you the specific instructions for the care of your item but here are a few additional hints and tips.
1. Ensure you buy your swim in a size that fits snugly -over time Lycra will stretch so don’t buy on the roomy size.
2. Lycra is not a hot water fan – only ever cold wash by hand
3. Avoid detergents and fabric softeners – if you have been on holiday maybe only use these for good wash at the end.
4. After every wear rinse with cold water
5. Never wrap your swim wear in a towel after use – it will cause the chlorine to heat and attack the lycra material quicker
6. Always dry by air but not in direct sunlight as this will cause the colours to fade. Over the side of the bath at night is a good place!
7. NEVER tumble dry – your swim wear will hate you forever!
8. If you have had to leave it in a bag all day, ensure you put it in a clean plastic bag having rinsed it once in cold water and then rinse again when you get home.
9. Do not wring out your swim wear — gently squeeze to get out excess moisture.
10. Try not to get sun lotion directly onto you swimwear.
All Freya swimwear has this sewn in label with these instructions to help you:
All Freya Swimwear is kitted with this label withese these!
Sew in Label
Rinse after use in cold water
Warm hand wash only
Do not tumble dry
Do not bleach
Do not Iron
Do not use fabric conditioner
Wash colours separately
I hope this ensures your swimwear stays perfect for longer.